At Homer Nine and Sons, Inc., we offer water softener services designed to reduce minerals and contaminants in your home’s water. Many homes in Pennsylvania deal with hard water, and while it isn’t harmful, there are some surprising side effects. Our skilled water technicians in Beaver have worked with thousands of homeowners to find the perfect water system for their needs and we can do the same for you.
Call our experienced team at (724) 241-8698 today.
Signs of Hard Water
Hard water is defined as water containing a high percentage of minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy to determine whether you have hard water based on sight alone, but there are cues that can help you spot hard water issues in Beaver.
7 signs of hard water
- Odd smell or taste: The high level of minerals in your water can cause a metallic taste, due to the presence of iron, or a dirty taste, due to buildup in your faucets carrying mildew or bacteria.
- Cloudy appearance: If you pour yourself a glass of water, only to find it more white or opaque than usual, you are most likely experiencing hard drinking water.
- Soap scum buildup: Hard water doesn’t clean your clothes as effectively, which means you might see more detergent buildup left behind on your clothes.
- Dry hair and skin: Minerals in your water can dry out your skin, and potentially exacerbate skin issues like eczema.
- Clogged pipes: Low water flow because of clogged drains can be caused by mineral deposits built up in your pipes.
- Worn out appliances: If appliances like your water heater or laundry machine are not running as effectively, or they’re breaking down more often, it could be due to sediment buildup in your valves.
- Film on faucets or fixtures: When you start to see limescale deposits, or a greenish, scaly buildup on your fixtures, it is most likely due to hard water consistently flowing through your system.
Our Team Goes Above and Beyond
We offer the best quality water softening systems on the market, by trusted brands like EcoWater. On top of our exceptional softening services, we proudly provide water filtration and purification systems, as well as commercial water treatment options, to keep the water throughout Beaver safe and clean.
Whether you are looking to improve the cleanliness, taste, or feel of your water, Homer Nine and Sons, Inc. has the perfect solution for you. Our technicians will answer all your water quality questions and work quickly and cleanly, often offering same-day appointments to get your property up and running in no time.
Learn more about what we're doing to provide the options you needFinancing Options
“Homer nine served my furnace today. Tom was the tech. I could not be more happy with the service. I've been in service for 30 years. I will stay with Homer nine because of employees like Tom.” - Jeff D.